Jan 28, 2012

Jean Paul Gaultier offends Amy Winehouse Dad!


Yes, the late Amy Winehouse's dad, Mitch Winehouse, was up in arms because of the resent spring couture 2012 fashion show by Jean Paul Gaultier. The show was supposed to be a tribute to Amy, but her father didn't see it that way. He claimed the show was done in bad taste and entirely too soon. It's been 6 months since the Grammy award winning singer died of an overdose last year. What really upset her dad were the models dawning Amy's iconic beehive and cat eyeliner, while wearing black veils. I honestly don’t think Jean Paul meant any disrespect to Amy’s fans or loved ones. I'm an Amy Winhouse fan, and I wasn't offended by the show, but watching the models wear black veils did make me feel a little sad. I thought the fashion was stellar, and I felt Amy’s style brought his vision to life. Was Amy's dad over reacting about the show? Do you think the Jean Paul Gaultier was offensive? Did you think the show paid tribute to Amy's legacy in a respectable way? Comment Below!

No comments:

Post a Comment